Designed and made in New Zealand, TruDesign Long Thread Tails are the superior composite connection for fitting hose to threaded fittings. TruDesign Tails are moulded from a glass reinforced nylon composite. High strength, high-modulus glass fibres impregnated into the nylon provides dramatic strength, stiffness, toughness, and dimensional stability. TruDesign Tails eliminate the corrosion and electrical bonding problems associated with metallic fittings. The Tails are designed for twin hose clamps, and to not crush under high load conditions.
- Manufactured from a glass reinforced nylon composite - High strength and light weight
- Immune to corrosion and electrolysis - Long life with no concerns over decreased performance due to corrosion
- Chemical resistant - Impervious to diesel, petrol and antifouling paints
- UV resistant - These fittings will not break down with ultraviolet light or discolour from the sun
- High quality surface finish - Will not discolour with green film as similar bronze fittings do
- Fits TruDesign Ball Valves & BSP Parallel threads - Universal compatibility to other TruDesign fittings, and other marine components
- Large operating temperature range - Suitable for all marine environments, from -20°C to +100°C
- The connecting threads on the Tails are BSP (British Standard Pipe) and are parallel. These parallel threads are designed so that thread tape is wound onto the tail then screwed into place. The advantage of parallel threads rather than tapered is that there is maximum engagement between the mating threads providing a strong and watertight seal
- Mixing parallel and tapered threads can cause strength and sealing problems as the engagement can frequently be only a few turns.