Designed and made in New Zealand, TruDesign® Skin Fittings are the superior composite through-hull solution. The Skin Fitting body and nut are precision moulded from glass-reinforced Nylon composite. High strength, high-modulus glass fibres provide dramatic strength, stiffness, toughness and dimensional stability. These are some of the unique properties that give significant advantages and weight-savings over traditional metallic fittings. TruDesign® Skin Fittings eliminate all corrosion and bonding problems associated with electrolysis. Approved and certified to ISO International Standards by the International Marine Certification Institute (IMCI, Belgium) & Bureau Veritas, TruDesign® Skin Fittings are quality-made giving peace of mind performing in the harsh marine environment.
- Manufactured from a glass-reinforced Nylon composite - High strength, tough and light weight
- Compatible with all hull types - Can be used on aluminium, steel, wood, composite & GRP hulls
- Immune to corrosion & electrolysis - Long life with no decreased performance due to corrosion
- Chemical resistant - Unaffected by diesel, petrol, chemicals, and antifouling paints
- U.V resistant - Will not degrade or discolour from the sun’s ultraviolet rays
- Paintable - Paintable with all types of antifoul including Coppercoat™
- Fits TruDesign® Ball Valves and other parallel BSP or NPS threads - Universal compatibility to TruDesign® brand fittings and other marine hardware
- Large operating range - Suitable for all marine conditions from -20°C to +100°C
- Supplied in individual plastic bags with a header card and info sheet - Lists IMCI Certification, size, and installation instructions as per IMCI regulations
- Meets ABYC H-27 Standard when installed in combination with TruDesign® Ball Valves & Load Bearing Collars
Standards and Approvals
TruDesign® Skin Fittings are certified by the International Marine Certification Institute (IMCI) and Bureau Veritas to meet; ISO 9093-2 Small craft - Seacocks and through-hull fittings - Part 2: Non-metallic Note: 1/2” size Skin Fittings not approved to ISO 9093-2
In meeting the ISO 9093-2 standard, Skin Fitting assemblies are subjected to a 1500 N (155 kg / 341.7 lb) force for 10 cycles from the most inward part of the assembly, without any damage occurring.
TruDesign® Skin Fittings, when assembled together with TruDesign® Ball Valves and TruDesign® Load Bearing Collars, meet ABYC’s H-27 standard. This allows the entire assembly to withstand a 500 lb (226.8 kg) load applied to the inboard end of the assembly (i.e. from the Ball Valve’s Tail fitting) for a minimum of 30 seconds without any damage occurring.
- TruDesign® Skin Fittings are suitable for installation in all types of hull construction; steel, aluminium, composite, fibreglass - cored and solid, wooden sandwich
- TruDesign® Skin Fittings are also able to be used on caulked solid wood hulls. Ensure fittings are always installed in the centre of individual planks