The Lewmar® electric range of thrusters are available in a wide range of power outputs ranging from 28Kgf (1.5kW) to 250Kgf (10.8kW) in both 12 and 24 volt models with tunnel sizes ranging from 110mm to 300mm to suit boats to 21 metres.
The bow thruster should be mounted as far forward as is practically possible and to avoid cavitation,the tunnel should be installed as low as possible with a minimum distance of at least 0.75 times the tunnel diameter from the waterline to the top of the tunnel. To limit losing thrust, the optimal tunnel length is around 3 to 4 times the diameter of the tunnel but up to 6 times can be tolerated.
Compact design allows ease of installation for boat builders while the revolutionary TT propeller design supplies perfectly even thrust in both directions which effortlessly provides maximum manoeuvrability and control. To establish the correct size, refer to the force factor and selection guides on page 1276.Installation by qualified technician only. Contact BLA on 1300 252 725 for more information.
- No reservoir to install, no leaks and no maintenance
- High performance 5 blade propellers give equal thrust in both directions
- High integrity seal
- Blue box system provides protection for the motor from overheats and incorporates a direction change delay to prevent damage to the motor internals
- Hardened and ground spiral bevel gear for maximum efficiency and quiet power transmission
- Self resetting thermal protection on all motors
- Choice of joystick or touch panel controls
- Easy plug together switch connections
- Minimum silhouette hub for smooth water flow
- 3 Year thruster warranty
- 1 Year motor and electrical components warranty